File this one away for your next dinner party or holiday get together. Smoked salmon with lemon caper cream cheese in endive. This is a very easy appetizer that looks fancy but is incredibly easy to put together. They’re tasty, light and low carb and a crowd pleaser.
I like to use whipped cream cream for this recipe because it’s light and easy to pipe.
Smoked Salmon in Endive Boats
- 1 227g container whipped cream cheese
- 1 tbsp capers minced
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2-3 heads Belgian endive enough for 18-20 leaves
- 1 146g pkg smoked salmon
- fresh dill, minced shallots, thinly sliced radish for garnish
- Add cream cheese, lemon juice, zest and capers to a medium sized bowl. Stir to combine well. Add cream cheese mixture to Ziploc bag. Seal the bag and cut off one of the bottom corners.
- Pipe an approximate tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture into each endive leaf. Divide smoked salmon and add a piece to each leaf. Garnish each with a sprig of dill, some minced shallots and a slice of radish. Serve.