Hearty Chicken and Navy Bean Soup
Protein packed and so good for you!
- 5 rashers bacon diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 stalks celery diced
- 2 carrots diced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 8 cups chicken bone broth
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 cups cooked chicken breast diced
- 1 1/2 cups canned navy beans drained and rinsed
- 3 tsp dried thyme
- Spike seasoning or salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 cups swiss chard sliced into ribbons
- grated parmesan for garnish
- parsley chopped, for garnish
Sauté bacon for a couple of minutes over medium heat in a large pot. Add olive oil, celery, carrots, onion and garlic and continue sautéing for a few more minutes.
Add bone broth, bay leaves, chicken, navy beans, thyme to pot. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer. Simmer for 30 - 45 minutes until vegetables are tender and flavours are melded.
Add swiss chard and seasoning to taste and continue to simmer for another 10 minutes.
Serve with grated parmesan and chopped parsley if desired.