Nut-Crusted Goat Cheese, Pear and Arugula Salad
Arugula, sweet pears and rounds of crispy nut-crusted goat cheese served with a simple Dijon vinaigrette.
Servings: 4 people
Balsamic Dijon Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 pinch salt & pepper
- 1 container (142g) baby arugula
- 1/2 cup pecan halves toasted
- 1 red pear halved, cored and sliced thinly lengthwise
- 2 113 g logs soft, fresh goat cheese
- 1/2 cup Nut Crumbs or ground hazelnuts & almonds if using
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Slice each log of goat cheese into 4 equal rounds. Place on plate and put in freezer for 30 minutes.
Prepare the vinaigrette. In a small jar, add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon, salt & pepper. Put lid on jar and shake to combine.
Add arugula, toasted pecans and pear slices to salad bowl.
Prepare the goat cheese. Place oil in sauce pan over medium-high heat. Remove goat cheese from freezer, dip in egg and roll in nut crumbs, pressing gently so that crumbs stick. Add goat cheese rounds to pan and brown for 2 minutes until golden then flip and repeat. Place on paper towel to remove any excess oil then add to salad, serve with vinaigrette and enjoy!