We aren’t vegetarian over here, but do like to incorporate more plant based meals into our diet. On my table tonight… zucchini boats stuffed with sautéed onion and Big Mountain Foods Broccoli Crumble and lots of melted cheddar and parmesan. Serve with a little hot sauce and a big dollop of fresh guacamole. This recipe is packed with flavor and is so satisfying.
Veggie Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- 2 medium zucchini
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large tomato diced
- 1 340 g package of Big Mountain Foods Broccoli Crumble (or equivalent veggie crumble)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut zucchini lengthwise and scoop out centre of each with a spoon or melon baller.
- Place zucchini in oven safe pan and cook for 15 minutes
- While zucchini is cooking, sauté onion in olive oil until translucent. Add garlic, 1/2 of the diced tomato and the Broccoli Crumble. Cook through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Take zucchini out of oven and stuff with Broccoli Crumble mixture.
- Top with shredded cheeses and remaining tomatoes
- Bake for an additional 20 minutes. Enjoy!