Turkey Burgers with Honeyed Apples and Brie
This recipe is a new favourite in our house. Skip the bun and try these savory grilled turkey burgers topped with creamy brie and apples sautéed in butter, honey and fresh sage.
Servings: 4 burgers
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 tbsp bread crumbs optional
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 apples, i.e. gala or honeycrisp peeled, cored and sliced into 1 cm pieces
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp fresh sage leaves finely chopped
- 8 leaves red leaf lettuce or your favourite lettuce
- 8 oz brie cut into 12 slices
- balsamic glaze for drizzling
- 8 red onion slices
- Add turkey, breadcrumbs, egg whites, salt and pepper to a large bowl. Mix together and form into 4 patties.
- Grill patties over medium heat until they reach an internal temperature of 180 degrees F (85 degrees C).
- Melt butter in a saucepan, add apples and sauté for a couple of minutes. Add honey and sage and continue sautéing until apples are soft.
- Assemble 4 plates, placing 2 lettuce leaves on each plate. Add turkey burger and top with brie slices, apples and red onion rings. Drizzle balsamic glaze over the top and enjoy!