Cauliflower rice is a staple in my house. I sometimes make my own with a hand grater – (I have yet to own a food processor!), but now that it’s readily available in grocery stores, I always keep a bag or two in my freezer. This pilaf recipe is light and delicious and super easy to make. Enjoy!
Saffron Cauliflower Rice Pilaf
- 2 pinches saffron
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 4 cups cauliflower rice
- 1/3 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup currants
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Soak saffron in hot water for 10 minutes.
- Saute onion in olive oil until translucent in a medium wok or saucepan on medium heat.
- Add cauliflower and stir to mix, saute until almost cooked through – approximately 5 minutes.
- Add saffron and water mix, almonds and currants and stir together and heat through for another 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.