Shaved fennel and spinach salad with toasted pecans, torn mint leaves, lemon zest and parmesan, served with a simple vinaigrette. It’s an easy one! This salad is great accompaniment to anything you’re cooking on the grill and sure to impress your guests!
Shaved Fennel and Baby Spinach Salad
- lemon zester
- 4 cups of baby spinach washed and dried
- 1 bulb of fennel with fronds sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces lightly toasted
- 1/2 cup torn mint leaves
- 3/4 cup shaved Parmesan
- 1/2 a lemon
- 6 tbsp olive oil 1 clove crushed garlic
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- In a medium salad bowl, add the spinach, sliced fennel and fronds, pecans, mint leaves and parmesan. Set aside.
- In a small bowl add, olive oil, vinegar, garlic and pepper flakes and whisk together.
- Pour dressing over salad, zest and squeeze the lemon over the salad and toss to combine. Enjoy!