Shaved fennel and spinach salad with toasted pecans, mint leaves and parmesan, served with a simple vinaigrette. It’s an easy one! This salad is great accompaniment to anything you’re cooking on the grill and sure to impress your guests!
Shaved Fennel and Baby Spinach Salad
- 8 cups of baby spinach washed and dried
- 1 bulb of fennel with fronds sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces lightly toasted
- 1/2 cup mint leaves chopped
- 2/3 cup shaved Parmesan
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- In a medium salad bowl, add the spinach, sliced fennel and fronds, pecans, mint and parmesan. Set aside.
- In a small bowl add, olive oil, vinegar, garlic, lemon zest, pepper flakes, salt and pepper and whisk together.
- Pour dressing over salad, toss well and enjoy!