This rum raisin apple crumble is a fresh take on my traditional crumble recipe. Heavy on the fruit and generous on the topping, which is more buttery oatmeal cookie than crumble. Make sure you have your favourite vanilla ice cream on hand to go with – it’s a must!
Rum Raisin Apple Crumble
- 1 cup of rum
- 1 cup of raisins
- 8-9 medium sized apples (gala or fuji) peeled, cored and diced
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cup butter softened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add rum and raisins to a small saucepan and place on medium heat until raisins begin to puff. Take saucepan off heat, cover and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Add sliced apples, rum and raisins, white sugar, cinnamon to a 9x13 baking dish. Add cornstarch to a little cold water, add to apple mixture and mix well.
- In a separate bowl add butter, oats, flour and brown sugar, mix well to combine
- Add topping to apples, and press down lightly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes to 1 hour until bubbly and lightly browned on top. Enjoy!