I hope you love this recipe. It’s comforting, packed with veggies, fun to make and delicious. It works well as a side dish or entrée; for the family or for a dinner party. Who doesn’t love risotto?
Roasted Vegetable Risotto with Pine Nuts
Cooked in the traditional way, this risotto may take a little longer to prepare but it is so worth the extra effort. Works well as an entrée or side dish to grilled meat or poultry. This recipe will serve 4 as an entrée or 6 as a side.
- 4 cups assorted vegetables, diced i.e. yellow beets, mushrooms, asparagus, brussels sprouts, etc.
- 4-5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 6 cups vegetable stock, warmed
- 4+ tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese grated plus extra for serving
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Toss the chopped vegetables in 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add vegetables to a lined baking sheet and roast at 350° for 30 - 40 minutes.
- While vegetables roast, start the risotto. In a large sauce pan place 2 tablespoons of olive oil and onion and sauté on meduim heat for a couple minutes until translucent. Add arborio rice, stir and continue cooking until rice has a very slight golden colour. Add wine and stir until absorbed into the rice. Add 1/2 cup of stock to rice and stir until absorbed. Continue adding stock 1/2 a cup at a time, stirring continously, until rice is al dente.
- Turn of heat and add butter, parmesan, salt and pepper. Add in roasted vegetables and stir to combine.
- Top with extra parmesan, pine nuts and basil. Enjoy!