Can you believe Thanksgiving is right around the corner??! How did that happen?
Are you looking for some side dish inspiration to go with your turkey? Something different from the usual suspects?
Try my recipe for roasted balsamic carrots. Colourful heirloom carrots, drizzled with balsamic and slow roasted to perfection. Topped with dots of creamy goat cheese and toasted almonds.
Delicious and super easy to make.
Wishing you and yours a fantastic holiday weekend!
Roasted Balsamic Carrots with Goat Cheese and Almonds
- 2 bunches heirloom carrots trimmed, peeled and quartered lengthwise
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup soft fresh goat cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds toasted
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place carrots in a large bowl. Add olive oil, salt & pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Place carrots on a foil lined baking sheet. Drizzle balsamic vinegar evenly over carrots.
- Roast for 30 minutes or so until carrots are tender crisp. Remove from oven and top with goat cheese, almonds and parsley just before serving. Enjoy!