Easy side dish alert! Asparagus tossed in olive oil and garlic and oven roasted to perfection. Topped with with fresh lemon juice and zest for additional flavour.
A couple of tips:
- Trim your asparagus by snapping off the woody ends. The ends will break off just where the asparagus starts to get tough.
- Add the asparagus to a large bowl and add the olive oil, garlic and seasonings. I find mixing the asparagus with tongs or your hands will ensure the asparagus is covered evenly with the oil and garlic.
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. This will make clean up easier!
- Lay asparagus in a single layer to ensure even cooking.
- Bake at 425 degrees until tender. This should take about 10-15 minutes depending on the thickness of your asparagus.
Roasted Asparagus with Lemon and Garlic
The easiest of side dishes and one the whole family will love!
- 2 bunches (approx 750g) asparagus ends trimmed
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 pinches fresh ground pepper
- juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line a large baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Add asparagus to a large bowl and top with olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix asparagus to ensure even coverage of oil and garlic.
- Arrange asparagus in single layer on baking sheet. Pleace in oven.
- Roast for 10-15 minutes until tender. Remove from oven, top with lemon juice and zest and serve.