We’ve been away on vacation and came home yesterday to my herb garden growing out of control! My mint and parsley has completely taken over the garden and is edging out all the other herbs. So rude! Anyway, I’ve been wanting to try some new recipes using mint because (is it just me?) I always have too much. Tonight I made this sheet pan dinner with prawns, rainbow hued veggies (including local patty pan squash – yum!) and served it with a big bowl of chermoula – a Moroccan sauce made with fresh mint, cilantro, parsley, garlic and warm spices. This is a simply and delicious meal that is big on flavour and very healthy. Hope you like it!
Prawn and Veggie Sheet Pan with Chermoula Sauce
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3/4 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups fresh cilantro, leaves and some stems
- 1 cup fresh parsley, leaves and some stems
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 tsp crushed red chilies
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 cups yellow zucchini or patty pan squash, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups rainbow chard, roughly chopped
- 2 cups brussels sprouts, quartered
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place coriander and cumin seeds in a small pan over med-low heat, stirring occasionally, until slightly toasted and fragrant. Let cool, then crush slightly with the back of a spoon.
- In a blender or food processor, add the crushed toasted seeds, garlic, olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, paprika, salt, cilantro, parsley and mint. Pulse until well blended but slightly chunky. Stir in crushed chilies.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spread 1 tbsp of olive oil on a large baking sheet. Arrange vegetables and prawns evenly on baking sheet. Drizzle remaining olive oil on top. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Serve with chermoula.
- This recipe makes about 1 cup of chermoula. Enough for left overs and it tastes even better the next day! Delicious with all seafood as well as chicken.
- Cut the veggies in pieces similar to the size of your shrimp. This encourages even cooking.