This family friendly & easy recipe is on regular rotation in our house. Featuring boneless, skinless chicken thighs, broccoli, mushrooms and lemony orzo all topped with parmesan. An quick weeknight night meal that’s comfort food at its best!
One Pot Lemon Chicken and Orzo
- Dutch oven
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 10 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1.5 cups orzo
- 1.5 tsp dried thyme
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1.5 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped optional
- Season chicken thighs on both sides with salt. Add oil to dutch oven and turn on high. Working in batches, sear the chicken on both sides until browned (don't cook through). Set chicken aside.
- Turn the heat down to medium. Add the wine and deglaze making sure to scrape up any bits of chicken into the wine. Add the onion and garlic and sweat until translucent. Add the mushrooms and cook one minute more. Place chicken thighs on top of mushroom mix.
- Stir in the chicken stock, orzo and thyme. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Turn heat down to low, put lid on pot and simmer, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes or so until the orzo is cooked through.
- Remove lid, stir in broccoli, lemon juice, zest, salt & pepper and continue to cook for 5 minutes or so until broccoli is al dente and chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. Top with grated parmesan and parsley and serve. Enjoy!