I’m so happy that we are into barbecue season again. We are working our way through the meat in our freezer – Sunday is always “clean out the fridge/freezer dinner” as Monday is grocery shopping day. Tonight’s pork tenderloin is stuffed with sautéed apples, onions & thyme finished with @nonnapias balsamic glaze. Simple, delicious and kid approved!
Grilled Apple and Thyme Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 large apple cored, peeled & diced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp balsamic glaze
- 2 pork tenderloin
- 3 tbsp dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1.2 cups demi glace optional
- Preheat BBQ to 350°
- Sauté apples and onions in olive oil until soft. Add thyme, balsamic glaze and season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Using a sharp knife, make an deep slit lengthwise down the tenderloin being careful not to cut all the way through. Use the tip the knife create space along the cut for the stuffing. Repeat with second tenderloin.
- Spoon the stuffing into the tenderloin and pack down. Use toothpicks to close the tenderloin as best you can. It doesn't need to be completely closed as the cooked pork will hold the stuffing in.
- Using a pastry brush, spread the mustard over the sides of the tenderloin and season with salt and pepper.
- Place tenderloin in a foil lined grill pan and grill for 25-35 minutes until pork reaches an internal temperature of 145°.
- Remove pork from grill and let rest for 3 minutes. Heat demi glace in small saucepan, if using.
- Carve pork into 1-inch slices and serve with demi glace on the side.