Egg and Squash Breakfast Skillet
Eggs and Squash? Trust me, it’s delicious. The spiraled butternut squash takes the place of potatoes here and makes this vegetarian breakfast skillet clean and lower carb. If you don’t have a spiralizer, you can usually find spiraled squash in the freezer or produce section. This breakfast for two is filling and satisfying without weighing you down.
Egg and Squash Breakfast Hash
- 4 cups butternut squash spiraled
- 2/3 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1/3 cup scallions sliced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes sliced
- 1/3 cup feta crumbled
- 4 eggs cracked into bowl
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a cast large skillet add olive oil, squash and mushrooms and sauté until mushrooms are browned and squash is almost cooked through, approx 5 minutes.
- Make a well in the centre of the squash and pour in the eggs.
- Put lid on skillet and cook until eggs are cooked through but yolks are soft.
- Top with tomatoes, parsley and feta. Divide between 2 plates and serve.