Creamy Tuscan Bean and Veggie Soup
My vegetarian take on Tuscan soup. I’ve replaced the white potatoes and sausage with sweet potatoes, diced cremini mushrooms, hearty butter beans and veggie crumble. Finished with a little cream and crumbled parmesan cheese, this soup is packed with nutrients, hearty and delicious!
Tuscan Bean and Veggie Soup
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms, diced
- 2 cups sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1.5 cups vegetarian ground beef substitute Big Mountain Foods , Yves or equivalent
- 5 cups vegetarian stock
- 1 can (398mL/14oz) butter beans, drained
- 1/2 (or more) tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups kale, ribs removed and diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- grated parmesan for garnish
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a medium saucepan. Add onion and garlic and saute for a couple of minutes. Add mushrooms and sweet potatoes and continue sauteing for a few minutes more then add to a medium soup pot.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the same saucepan and saute veggie ground until browned and slightly crispy. Add to soup pot.
- Add veggie stock and red pepper flakes to soup, bring to a boil then simmer for 15 minutes or until sweet potato is cooked through.
- Add kale and beans and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Turn down heat, add cream and salt & pepper and stir until heated though. Garnish with grated parmesan and enjoy!