My vegetarian take on Tuscan soup. I’ve replaced the white potatoes and sausage with sweet potatoes, diced cremini mushrooms, hearty butter beans and veggie crumble. Finished with a little cream and crumbled parmesan cheese, this soup is packed with nutrients, hearty and delicious!
Tuscan Bean and Veggie Soup
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms, diced
- 2 cups sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1.5 cups vegetarian ground beef substitute Big Mountain Foods , Yves or equivalent
- 5 cups vegetarian stock
- 1 can (398mL/14oz) butter beans, drained
- 1/2 (or more) tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups kale, ribs removed and diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- grated parmesan for garnish
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a medium saucepan. Add onion and garlic and saute for a couple of minutes. Add mushrooms and sweet potatoes and continue sauteing for a few minutes more then add to a medium soup pot.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the same saucepan and saute veggie ground until browned and slightly crispy. Add to soup pot.
- Add veggie stock and red pepper flakes to soup, bring to a boil then simmer for 15 minutes or until sweet potato is cooked through.
- Add kale and beans and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Turn down heat, add cream and salt & pepper and stir until heated though. Garnish with grated parmesan and enjoy!