Creamy Polenta with Zucchini, Asparagus and Navy Beans.
Asparagus, zucchini and navy beans over buttery soft polenta. Lots of garlic, parmesan and a touch of olive oil. A nutritious and healthy bowl of goodness to fill you up. This recipe is really quick and easy so you can have dinner on the table in half an hour!
Creamy Polenta with Asparagus, Zucchini and Navy Beans
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups asparagus, trimmed, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 cups zucchini, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 398mL (14oz) can navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro or Italian parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 tsp salt, more to taste
- 1/3 cup parmesan, petals or grated
- Pour olive oil into frying pan over medium heat. Add garlic, asparagus and zucchini and sauté for several minutes until veggies are just slightly underdone. Remove from heat.
- Add water and salt to a medium sauce pan and bring to a light boil. Turn heat down to medium-low and slowly whisk in the cornmeal, ensuring there are no lumps. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. At the end of the cooking time whisk in butter and adjust seasoning.
- Return asparagus mixture to medium heat. Add navy beans and heat through. Stir in cilantro or parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide polenta into four bowls, top each with asparagus mixture and top with parmesan. Enjoy!