This creamy mashed cauliflower recipe is an easy, low carb, and delicious side dish!
You won’t miss your potatoes, trust me. We make this recipe a lot and our kids love it too. This mash is the perfect complement to your favourite stew, Sunday roast or Easter ham and it is so quick to make it can be on your table in under 30 minutes.
What you’ll need to make this recipe:
- Cauliflower – You will need one medium sized head that’s approximately 2 lbs.
- Butter – Adds a velvety richness to the mash.
- Cream and Sour Cream – In equal parts.
- Salt, pepper and garlic powder – To bring out the flavours! I like to keep things simple by using garlic powder but add fresh roasted garlic if you prefer.
Creamy Cauliflower Mash
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Prep cauliflower: remove green leaves and cut cauliflower into florets.
- Place cauliflower in a steamer over a sauce pan with boiling water. Steam for 15 minutes until very tender.
- Drain cauliflower and add to food processor or blender. Add cream and sour cream and blend until smooth.
- Return the cauliflower mash to sauce pan, place over low heat. Add butter, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Stir to combine. Serve.