I use a lot of veggie crumble or ground round in my meatless recipes. It adds a nice texture and heartiness and is delicious as well! Serve these stuffed portabellos with your favourite green salad. Enjoy!
Cheesy Stuffed Portabellos
Stuffed with two types of cheese veggie crumble, these portabellos are easy to make and delicious! Perfect for Meatless Monday or anytime!
- 4 portabellos large
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp parsley chopped
- 1 cup veggie crumble or ground round i.e. Yves or Big Mountain Foods
- 1 pkg herbed Boursin cheese
- 4+ tbsp grated parmesan
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Pop the stems out of the mushrooms and set aside. Place mushrooms on a baking sheet, stem side down and bake for 15 minutes. This will remove any additional moisture in the mushrooms.
- While the mushrooms are cooking, dice the stems and add to a sauce pan with the olive oil, onions and veggie crumble. Sauté until cooked through. Stir in parsley.
- Remove mushrooms from oven, turn over and a couple of generous tablespoons of Boursin to the inside of the mushrooms caps. Top with crumble mixture and pack down slightly. Return to the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, add parmesan and broil for 3 to 5 minutes. Enjoy!