For this soup I use Japanese shirataki noodles. These noodles are made from the konjac yam and are very low in carbs and calories but full of healthy fibre. The word “shirataki” means white waterfall, referring to the appearance of these noodles. Don’t be turned off by the smell when you open the package, you just need to rinse them thoroughly before using. This recipe is super satisfying, delicious and filling! Comfort food at its best!
Amazing Low Carb Ramen
- 4 oz extra firm tofu
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
- 3 cups good quality stock veggie or chicken
- 2 carrots peeled and sliced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 4 mushrooms sliced
- 5 green onions diced
- 6 prawns
- 1-400 g package shirataki noodles rinsed thoroughly
- 1 hard boiled egg sliced in half
- Spike seasoning or salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup kimchi optional
- Marinate 4 oz tofu in soy, rice vinegar and sesame oil for 30 mins then grill and set aside.
- Add stock, sliced carrots, broccoli, sliced mushrooms, prawns, sliced green onion and shirataki noodles to saucepan.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to simmer (15 minutes).
- Add evenly to 2 large bowls and top with tofu, hard boiled egg, some kimchi and season with Spike.